Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Crosswalk and All-in-One adjustment

I've been doing some writing today for a publisher who asked for all Biblical quotations to be from the NRSV (New Revised Standard Version). Since it's easier to copy and paste than to re-type, I had to refresh my memory on the best internet resources for searching the NRSV. Crosswalk.com (formerly Goshen) provide a searchable NRSV as part of their Bible Study Tools and for a while I've had a form for searching this on the All-in-One Bible Versions and Translations page. One thing I'd always found a bit frustrating about this was that one could search for a word but not for a passage. Or so I thought. It seems that you can enter any given passage into the same search box and you'll get your results. So it's an even more useful resource than I'd realised. Perhaps it was just me, but my guess is that it is not. So I've made a mini-adjustment to the All-in-One so that it now says "Enter passage or search term" on the Bible Study Tools entry and "Enter passage or English word" on the Interlinear. I suppose it shows that web authors should keep using their own products to find out what works, what doesn't and how best to package it all.

No comments: