Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Passion of the Christ released today

The Passion of the Christ is released today in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I won't get a chance to see it myself until a preview screening next week, so if any blog readers who see it soon would like to offer their thoughts, please send me an email. (Please note, of course, that I cannot guarantee that I will reproduce your thoughts). I'd be particularly interested to hear a couple of factual things that haven't been cleared up yet: (1) Does the film have a postscript as petitioned here and discussed frequently in this blog? (2) Has Caiaphas's "His blood be on us and on our children" been included in the film or not? You might need some Aramaic for this since the most recent report said that the line was included but not subtitled. Many thanks.

No comments: