Friday, February 13, 2004

Passion of the Christ Symposium on-line

The papers read at the Symposium on The Passion of the Christ held at the end of January are now available on the websites of both The Journal of Religion and Film and the Journal of Religion and Society, the co-sponsors of the event:

The Journal of Religion and Film: Volume 8: Special Issue No. 1 (February 2004)
Exploring Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ Symposium

Journal of Religion and Society: Volume 6 (2004)
Special Issue on Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ

But use the first of these -- it has the full articles with footnotes and bibliography. I've not had chance to read the articles yet myself, except to glance at Reinhartz's which is as strong as one would expect it to be. But I mention it now so that you can begin to investigate this interesting symposium -- I wish I had been there.

No comments: