Monday, March 22, 2004

Beliefnet's Passion material goes "premium"

I'm sorry to see tonight that Beliefnet have removed a lot of the material from their excellent site about The Passion of the Christ and have pushed it into "premium" content which one has to pay for. This includes things I've often mentioned here, like the Crossan and Witherington Scholarly Smackdown and the very useful Scene by Scene guide. I am sure they have to make ends meet -- we can't all be spare time blogoholic enthusiasts, I suppose, providing everything for free. But it's still a shame when one has useful, freely available material on the net that then "goes premium". I remain intrigued by the Amazon experiment, according to which those texts that are freely available in their entirety are said to be the ones that also sell the most.

No comments: