Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Jesus and Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ

Today is the release date for the DVD of The Passion of the Christ; I had an email from Amazon yesterday to say that mine is on the way. You'd have thought that Fox Home Entertainment would send me a free one with all the publicity I give it! Anyway, they don't need my help since it's currently ranked number 1 at Amazon.com. But what I do want to publicise a bit, partly because Continuum have asked me to do so, and partly because I have been involved with it in a small way, is the following new book:


Jesus and Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ Jesus and Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ

The Film, the Gospels and the Claims of History

Edited by Kathleen E. Corley and Robert L. Webb

Continuum International Publishing
August 31 2004 ISBN: 082647781X $17.95 £ 9.99


The link above takes you to a web page hosted here which gives a cover illustration, blurb, contents list and hyperlinked footnotes. The latter was my suggestion to the editors given the large number of lengthy URLs given in the footnotes to the essays, several of which wouuld be almost impossible to type accurately. The book is released today to coincide with the DVD release. Amazon have it for $12.57 and Amazon.co.uk for £6.99. I must admit that I have not yet read all of the book -- only my own and one other essay; I'll make some comments on the rest when I have received my copy (I haven't yet).

Update (20.26): I've made some adjustments to the Contents listing and Notes on the Jesus and Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ page, with thanks to Robert Webb for the information.

No comments: