Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cinema Jesus Redux

On Perspective, regular NT Gateway blog commenter Crystal has her reflections on her favourite Jesus films:

Cinema Jesus Redux

I am also a fan of the Roger Young Jesus (1999). And let me recommend in particular the so-called international version, if you can get hold of it, because it has the great post resurrection scene of Jesus in modern style dress in the streets of Malta, met by children.

Perhaps I might also add that my comments on The Passion of the Christ, to which Crystal kindly refers, were written up more fully in two other places, first a short article on Bible and Interpretation, and then a much fuller article in Jesus and Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ.

1 comment:

crystal said...

Thanks for the advert, Mark :-). I haven't seen the international version but I've seen it refered to in the Hollywood Jesus review - there are a lot of photos there also, for those interested in learning more about Jesus (1999)