Friday, November 18, 2005

On the way to Philadelphia

Well, actually I'm not yet. Hey, the extraordinary thing about going to the SBL from within the USA is that you don't have to start your pilgrimage several days early. You can just jump on a plane and be there an hour or so later. It actually spoils the fun a bit. I have printed out my usual forty-five or so articles to read on the plane on the way there and have realized that I will only have time for two or three.

Some of the bloggers are on their way; others have already arrived. In a new all time high for biblioblogs, James Crossley has taken a photograph of his hotel bed to show that he is live in Philadelphia. This surely beats even the legendary thread in which bloggers took photographs of their desks.

4 comments:

James Crossley said...

Ok, I need to defend myself here. I just bought a camera and have never put a picture on the blog. No excuse really...

Anonymous said...

You've embraced American spelling already! Have fun and keep warm.

Whit+ said...

It just occured to me that you are delivering your "Rocky" paper in the home of "Rocky!"

As big a movie fan as you are, I can't believe this wasn't a bit intentional.

Scandalous! ;-)

Have fun!

Whit+ said...

The Rock on Rocky Ground on Rocky's Ground... so to speak.

Sorry...