Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year

I realize that it is already a few days into the new year, of course, but I have only recently returned from England, where it turned out that I had only limited time to blog. Term starts pretty much straight away for us here at Duke, but I am looking forward to renewed posting to the blog over the coming days, including some thoughts about the Historical Jesus ahead of a course I am teaching by that name this semester.

There has been plenty of interesting material around the blogs in recent weeks, even if it is disappointing to see so few offering their 2008 Ralphies. It's mainly the old guard (Jim Davila's on Paleojudaica here, with excellent comments on the year's TV, similar to my own thoughts). Perhaps the fact that many bibliobloggers regularly post on matters that are off-topic takes away some of the appeal of the Ralphies of old.

I am grateful to Jim also in mentioning the absence of the NT Gateway blog from the idiosyncratic listing of the Top 50 Ancient History Blogs [Link removed, 5/3/2013] (Paleojudaica), though I was pleased to see several of the top biblioblogs there. And speaking of those, it is nice to see the NT Gateway blog holding its place at number 2 in NT Wrong's Biblioblog Top 50. Not quite sure how it finds its way up there, but it's nice that it does, and thanks.

The New Testament Gateway and this blog will be changing in 2009, I hope for the better, and news will be forthcoming. In the meantime, thank you for your continued support in 2008, and best wishes for a very happy 2009.

By the way, you can now follow me on Twitter, at twitter.com/goodacre, should you be so inclined.

No comments: