Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tom Boomershine Performs Mark

I blogged about Performances of Mark's Gospel the other day and Matthew Montonini drew my attention to several clips of Tom Boomershine performing Mark online.  I suggested that perhaps someone might like to arrange these nicely into a playlist but, as my mother used to say, if you want something doing properly, you need to do it yourself, and so I have arranged all the available videos of Boomershine performing Mark into a YouTube playlist:

Tom Boomershine Performs Mark's Gospel



There are thirteen videos in total.  I have ordered them in Marcan verse order, with the exception of the SBL presentation featuring the Passion Narrative, which I have placed at the end.  Because they are filmed on three different occasions, you'll see Boomershine's clothes changing between videos.

3 comments:

abcaneday said...

Mark,

Perhaps you have viewed Max McLean's one-man dramatization of Mark's Gospel. The entire video of about an hour and forty minutes is available online in chapter segments. Take a look here (http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2010/12/29/marks-gospel-performed-by-max-mclean-free-online/).

Mark Goodacre said...

Thanks, Ardel. Yes, see my earlier post here: http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/performances-of-marks-gospel.html

abcaneday said...

Thanks, Mark. I failed do a search. You have pointed me to some other dramatizations of which I was unaware.