Sunday, September 09, 2007

British New Testament Conference 2007

I wish I'd been there. It still feels very odd to me not to be capping the summer off with the BNTC. This year it was in Exeter, and Jim Davila has a write-up with pictures on Paleojudaica. For the second year running, Jim has a photo of himself with my former doctoral students Helen Ingram and Catherine Smith, with a message, which is reciprocated. I am delighted to hear that Helen's paper in the Social World seminar generated some stimulating discussion, which does not surprise me at all.

Updates (Monday, 8.41am and 6.37pm): Ben has a nice review of the conference on Dunelm Road and James Crossley on Earliest Christian History, in which he reveals that he skips the formal meals and goes out for his own with friends, SBL-style, very naughty. I like James's speculation about what the state of the British NT establishment will look like in a few years given the creative work currently being done by scholars in their 30s and 40s.

No comments: