Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Talpiyot Tomb and the Bloggers

Several other bloggers (including Joel Watts and Jim West) have mentioned this fine new volume from Eisenbrauns, Archaeology, Bible, Politics, and the Media (great Oxford comma there). It is edited by my esteemed colleagues here in the Duke Religion Department, Eric and Carol Meyers.

The volume is the result of the Duke Conference on this subject held in April 2009.  At the time, I blogged about the conference, and you can listen in to an archive of the talks on our iTunes U.  It is all worth reading, of course, but I am happy to provide access here to my essay in the volume (as well as to the table of contents):

The Talpiyot Tomb and the Bloggers
Mark Goodacre

The essay has a response by AKMA, though I can't reproduce that here.

4 comments:

AKMA said...

It's fine with me to post the response — I'd go ahead myself, if people weren’t still getting warnings from Goole about my site (my tech guy thinks we're clear, but Google hasn't affirmed that yet).

Mark Goodacre said...

Thanks, AKMA. I don't have your response electronically, unfortunately. Good to hear the blog is coming back soon!

jps said...

Thanks for the plug! Great book.

James at Eisenbrauns

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I clicked on the Eisenbraun link and it did not work for me. The message came up, page not found.