Friday, November 13, 2009

SBL Online Program Book: line spacing

Is it just me or does anyone else instinctively look at the wrong line in the online program book for sessions? I find my eyes always going to the paper title and then expecting to see the presenter underneath. It causes some odd moments of the kind, "Richard Hays is really reading a paper on that?" and "What! I'm down to give a paper on the Dead Sea Scrolls!" The problem could be solved with a good old fashioned bit of line spacing so that the titles are not squashed together with the presenters' names. The printed version works much better in this respect.

1 comment:

Jim Deardorff said...

I feel the same way about the blogs I'm aware of, regarding their comments. There's more space between the end of the comment and the commentor's name than between the latter and the beginning of the following comment.