Thursday, January 07, 2010

Michael Goulder

I am sorry to be sharing the sad news that Michael Goulder passed away yesterday. He was 82. Michael was a brilliant scholar and he was greatly loved. He will me remembered with great affection, and his scholarly legacy will be felt, I think, for generations to come.

I saw Michael last a couple of weeks ago, when I was over in England for Christmas. He was unwell, but I had the chance to say a last goodbye. I will write about Michael's life at greater length in due course when I have composed my thoughts. It's a very sad day.

3 comments:

James F. McGrath said...

So sorry to hear he passed away. I'm glad you had the chance to see him one last time and say goodbye.

Gail D said...

I know how important he was to you in your life as a biblical scholar. My condolences to you and to his family.

steph said...

Again, we're deeply sorry Mark, it is very sad news. He made a great contribution to scholarship and had a huge impact on my life. I will always value his work immensely.