Friday, July 16, 2004

More blogger changes

Blogger has introduced some more changes, several of them quite useful.  There are keyboard shortcuts for editing posts, something I find very useful -- one does not want to keep stopping typing to go to the mouse.  The facility for changing time and date is brought up front on to the main editing page, also useful.   The major change, though, is a choice between a kind of WYSIWYG editor and a straight HTML editor.  The previous blogger combined elements of both and I am guessing that I will find it much easier to have the choice between the two, WYSIWYG by default and Edit HTML when it refuses to do what I want it to do.  My only qualms about the introduction of WYSIWYG is that, like many WYSIWYGs, it will probably result in the generation of some horrid coding.  What was good about the old interface was that it encouraged everyone to have some basic grasp of bits of HTML, however limited.

No comments: