Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Travel Diary 2: At London Gatwick

Safe arrival at about 10 pm last night at Gatwick Airport Travelodge; it is a wonderful thing to have left behind the exhaustion of the last few weeks and months of preparing to leave and at last to be en route. I dropped off the family at the North Terminal, dropped off the hired car at the South Terminal, returned to the North Terminal to check in and then a nice celebratory brunch at Garfunkels. We are now waiting for our American Airlines flight with not long to go. Luckily, I am a fan of flying. The thought of spending eight hours relaxing, reading, sleeping, eating, watching the telly and having food and drink brought to you is great; I've never understood why some people don't enjoy it. Next blog entry, I hope, will be from North Carolina, U.S.A.

1 comment:

Whit+ said...

My prayers for a safe flight.