Thursday, March 09, 2006

When Prophecy Became Passion

I have had a few requests for a copy of the Swan Lecture I gave at the Nebraska Wesleyan University a fortnight ago (blog entry here) so I am making it available temporarily here (MS Word format):

When Prophecy Became Passion: The Death of Jesus and the Birth of the Gospels

A copy of the handout is also available. The lecture is a revision of a piece that I gave earlier in a different format, as the Elizabeth Luce Moore Lecture on Christian Studies, Wellesley College, Boston, March 2003. Now I am going to put it out to pasture for a bit, in the hope that I will eventually expand it into a book.

Update (23:07): PDF version of the paper; PDF version of the handout.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Hello Mark. Should you wish it- when the temporality of your paper's availability ends I'll be happy to upload it in pdf on my server for a more permanent accessibility.

crystal said...

The Gospels therefore grew backwards.

... the reverse-engineering of the gospels :-). Good paper, Mark.

Anonymous said...

The Greek bits in the paper seem to have gotten mangled somehow. :(

Mark Goodacre said...

The Greek is unicode (Palatino Linotype) so it should show up. In an update to the post above, I have added PDFs which should tackle the problem. Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.