Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Evangelical Textual Criticism

I'm very behind on reading everything that has accumulated on my blogroll in recent weeks, but I've made one addition that is especially welcome:

Evangelical Textual Criticism
This is a forum for people with knowledge of the Bible in its original languages to discuss its manuscripts and textual history from the perspective of historic evangelical theology

I think I first spotted mention of it on Stephen Carlson's Hypotyposeis, Jim West's Biblical Theology and Michael Bird's Euangelion.

The new blog is welcome not only because it claims some top scholars in its team (e.g. Peter Head and Pete Williams, but also because it is a team blog, and on such an interesting and important topic.

I hope that the name of the new blog won't put people off. Not me. Some of my best friends are text critics. And some of my best friends are evangelicals. Goodness, come to think of it, I can think of friends who are both evangelicals and text critics! Well, two or three.

2 comments:

P.J. Williams said...

Thanks for the advert. We'll pay you later.

Peter M. Head said...

"I hope that the name of the new blog won't put people off."

At least, hopefully, it does what it says on the tin.

How on earth a team blog actually works we don't know yet! I once tried to blog and only lasted a week, so hopefully this will ast a bit longer and be interactive and have plenty of contributors who will chip in.

Cheers to Duke

Pete