Thursday, August 05, 2004

Blog email adjustment

I have flirted for a while with the use of Bloglines for emails to this blog. My idea was that I could adjust the bloglines email regularly and so ward off spam since bloglines offer everyone unlimited email addresses. But there were two unforeseen problems. The first is that spammers hit on you within hours of setting up a new public email address. The second is that I've had a couple of examples of people sending legitimate emails with attachments to bloglines and bloglines won't take attachments. Since I've been using Gmail, the blocking of spam has proved excellent -- the vast majority of the spam, upwards of 90 per cent, is simply filtered away. The bloglines email feeds, by contrast, filter nothing away. So I'm returning to the Blog@NTGateway.com address for this blog and scrapping the bloglines emails.

No comments: