Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Jeff's Bible

This recent article from The Onion (via Bible Dudes Blog) is irreverent and very funny, and a little off the usually serious tone around here, but it is the silly season, so I hope that the sober will forgive me and the rest will find it funny:

This Week, Let's Try A Reading From The Bible I Wrote
By Jeff Glisson
. . . . I've brought something with me tonight I thought we could read, you know, just for a change of pace. It's a new Bible I've written, and I think it's just the thing to break us out of this rut we've been in.

Don't get me wrong—I love the old Bible. Big fan. But, without naming any names, I think some people in this group might be a little tired of reading the same parables every week. After a while, they all just kind of blend together. "Good Samaritan" this, "purse of gold" that. And not one of the parables ever ends in a sword fight . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drinking coffee at Dunn Brother's..reading the 'Onion' and completely enthralled with the writing of Jeff Glisson. I want to read more...