Monday, January 07, 2008

LNTS volumes on Google Books

I noticed this morning that Google Book Search (formerly Google Books and before that Google Print) has added lots of Library of New Testament Studies (Journal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement Series) volumes. This is the series I have been editing for the last four years, which is published by T and T Clark, and which has a legacy going back to the late 1980s when it was established by Sheffield Academic Press. Although, as usual, the amount one can read is limited, it's very useful to have these volumes available for searching. In fact, I was pleased to be able to search my own first book on there this morning. I should add that it is not easy to search for the series en masse because Google Book Search will simply pull out bibliographical references to the series if one tries to search for it, but searching on an individual book title basis seems to work well.

No comments: