Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Good News and Bad News

Well worth a repeat here, from Gypsy Scholar by Horace Jeffery Hodges:

Some Good News, Some Bad News . . .
Paul the Apostle goes into a synagogue in the diaspora. He's asked to speak to the congregation. He steps up onto the bimah and says:

"I have some good news, and I have some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?"

The head rabbi replies, "Good news and bad news? Tell us the bad news first. The good news will console us."

Paul says, "Okay, here's the bad news. The messiah has come, but he's been killed."

"What!" exclaims the rabbi. "That's terrible news! What could possibly be good news?"

Replies Paul, "The good news is -- that's good news!"

1 comment:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Hey, I just noticed that you blogged my joke! It really is my own creation. Thanks for spreading the humor around.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *