Wednesday, April 11, 2007

SBL Forum latest

The April edition of the SBL Forum is now available. It covers several things that have been mentioned here in the past. In particular, it is good to see a prompt obituary of Reginald Fuller. I must admit that I have been surprised at how little other bibliobloggers have commented on the sad death of such a major New Testament scholar (mentioned here last Friday). Also, Mark Chancey has an article called Bible Courses in Public Schools: SBL's Response to a Growing Trend. I have often mentioned Mark's interesting work in this area here and it is good to see him carrying that work forward now with the SBL in a new consultation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you think are some of the best overall places to do a PhD in New Testament studies in the US? I don't have a disser. topic yet, but I am interested in Matthew at the moment. Thank you.